First ever 5Ghz CPU out of the box
Los Angeles – E3 – 6/11/2013
AMD today unveiled its most powerful member of the legendary AMD FX family of CPUs, the world’s first commercially available 5 GHz CPU processor, the AMD FX-9590. These 8-core CPUs deliver new levels of gaming and multimedia performance for desktop enthusiasts. AMD FX-9000 Series CPUs will be available initially in PCs through system integrators.
“At E3 this week, AMD demonstrated why it is at the core of gaming,” said Bernd Lienhard, corporate vice president and general manager, Client Products Division at AMD. “The new FX 5 GHz processor is an emphatic performance statement to the most demanding gamers seeking ultra-high resolution experiences including AMD Eyefinity technology. This is another proud innovation for AMD in delivering the world’s first commercially available 5 GHz processor.”
“AMD continues to push the envelope when it comes to desktop capabilities and power performance,” said Wallace Santos, CEO and founder of MAINGEAR. “In unveiling the world’s first 5 GHz 8-core CPU, AMD continues to lead the way in innovation while providing our customers with a best-in-class experience. We are thrilled to be part of this exciting launch.”
The new 5 GHz FX-9590 and 4.7 GHz FX-9370 feature the “Piledriver” architecture, are unlocked for easy overclocking and pave the way for enthusiasts to enjoy higher CPU speeds and related performance gains1. Additionally, these processors feature AMD Turbo Core 3.0 technology to dynamically optimize performance across CPU cores and enable maximum computing for the most intensive workloads.
AMD was the first to break the 1 GHz barrier in May of 2000 and continues to set the standard in technology innovation including the first Windows compatible 64-bit PC processor and the first native dual-core and quad-core processors. AMD also introduced the first APU (unifying CPU and Radeonâ„¢ graphics on the same chip) and the first x86 quad-core SoC, continuing forward with HSA architectures and programming models.
- FX-9590: Eight “Piledriver” cores, 5 GHz Max Turbo
- FX-9370: Eight “Piledriver” cores, 4.7 GHz Max Turbo
- AMD Launches World’s First Desktop Processor At 5GHz, 8-Core AMD FX-9590 Unveiled (hothardware.com)
- GigaHertz Wars 2.0? AMD Releases World’s First 5.0 GHz FX Processor (dailytech.com)
- AMD Unleashes First-Ever 5 GHz Processor (thinkcomputers.org)
- AMD Release FX-9000 Series Processors – FX-9590 and FX-9370 (eteknix.com)
- AMD Announces The FX-9590: “The First 5 GHz Processor” (thedroidguy.com)
- AMD set to release 5GHz-clocked FX-9590 CPU (HEXUS.net)
- AMD unveils first eight-core 5GHz processor (reviews.cnet.com)
- ARM demos Samsung’s next major CPU, the Exynos 5 Octa (reviews.cnet.com)
- AMD launches second-generation APU processor series (reviews.cnet.com)
- iolo technologies Exceeds High Demands of Modern PC Users with System… (prweb.com)