Free PDF Reader
Foxit Reader is a free PDF document viewer, with incredible small size, breezing-fast launch speed and rich feature set.
In the past, you’ve had to download a huge PDF reader from another software company, go through a lengthy installation and updating process.
The file size can be an outrageously big and 100 of megs or so in size. It’s because of great features and capability to view embedded 3D or media contents.
But do most users really need that when they wanted to just read a PDF files?.
Users has to wait for an annoying splash window to disappear just to open a PDF document. For a slow computer, it’s a ‘hair pulling’ experience. Sounds familiar?.
Not many users aware of this, Foxit Reader is an alternative way to that.
Advantages of Foxit Reader
Small download size (approx. 6.7mb).
Launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.
Allows you to draw graphics, highlight text, type text and make notes on a PDF document and then print out or save the annotated document.
Convert the whole PDF document into a simple text file.
High security and privacy
Will never connect to the Internet without users’ permission when opening certain type of PDF document. Does not contain any spyware.
Foxit Reader itself is free. The critical add-ons are free while advanced add-ons have a reasonable cost.
For example, you can use the following functions for free:
- View or print PDF document
- Add or edit bookmarks in a PDF file if the security settings allow
- Basic PDF form operations i.e. filling out PDF forms and printing them out
- Advanced PDF form operations, such as saving filled-out forms and import/export forms, free for personal and non-personal usage
- View PDF as text
- Critical add-ons, such as UI language package, JPEG2000/JBIG decoder, CJK package, GDI+ for early Windows version, etc
So there you have it, if you need to read a PDF document without all the hassle and hogging your system. Get Foxit Reader.