This post has already been read 55 times!
In the latest version of Chrome 45, Google is finally attempting to rectify the memory hog issue and make the browser more efficient to use across a wide range of devices. Expect faster page loads, smoother scrolling, and longer battery life, according to Google.
Google also wants to make opening Chrome a much faster experience, and they’re achieving this by prioritizing the restoration of your most recently viewed tabs after you launch the browser. Only users who have set their browser to “continue where you left off” will see these improvements, but it should make the process of returning to browsing much faster.
In Chrome 45, Google has implemented a new garbage collection system that detects and attempts to clean up unused memory in idle tabs. This new system reduces memory usage by around 10% on average, but even greater reductions (up to 25%) in complex website such as Gmail.
Previous versions of Chrome restored tabs without much thought to memory when relaunching the browser. If your computer doesn’t have enough memory available to restore all of your tabs, Chrome will now pause the restoration process for some of the least used tabs, allowing users to click-to-restore them when they actually want to access them at a later time. Somewhat similar Firefox, the tab will be reload once the tab is selected.
Chrome 45 also brings Google’s improved Flash management system that auto pauses any flash content not critical to the webpage, such as Flash ads or unnecessary animations. Google will enable this setting by default for all users over the next few weeks, and Battery life is improved by 15 percent or more due to this feature. Same features can be found Aviator and Opera browser for an instance.
Chrome 45 is now available to download for desktop users, and those with automatic updates enabled should find themselves already running the updated Chrome browser.
- Innovation in the Cloud – 10 Game Changing SaaS Applications (bigcommerce.com)
- Google Launches Web’s Largest E-Book Store (pcrichard.com)
- Gmail Now Displays Images By Default (getresponse.com)
- Inactive Email List? Reactivate with Facebook Custom Audiences (getresponse.com)
- 5 Firefox and Chrome Extensions That’ll Save Your Life (grasshopper.com)
- Will the upcoming EU cookie law affect my website? (business.yell.com)
- Displaying your business website to everyone (business.yell.com)
- 5 Benefits to Using Cloud Based Inventory Management Software (unleashedsoftware.com)
- 5 Online Tools for Small Business Efficiency (allstate.com)
- What is a good site or Gmail extension for an angel investor to manage their startup deals? (gust.com)