This post has already been read 33 times!
If developing software for mobile application is a cup of tea for you and just loved the challenge. You might want to check this out. Google announced that it has developed a new mobile OS called “Android”. The details are bit fuzzy at the moment regarding this cell phone software that will be the brain of “GPhone” ( Google Phone ), Google’s much-rumored mobile phone strategy.
Google has launched the Android Developer Challenge, which will provide $10 million in awards (no strings attached) for great mobile apps built on the Android platform.
How It Works
The award money will be distributed equally between two Android Developer Challenges:
* Android Developer Challenge I: We will accept submissions from January 2 through March 3, 2008
* Android Developer Challenge II: This part will launch after the first handsets built on the platform become available in the second half of 2008
In the Android Developer Challenge I, the 50 most promising entries received by March 3 will each receive a $25,000 award to fund further development. Those selected will then be eligible for even greater recognition via ten $275,000 awards and ten $100,000 awards.
Build Your Favorite Mobile Application
We welcome all types of applications but are looking to reward innovative, useful apps that make use of Android’s capabilities to deliver a better mobile experience. Here are some suggested areas of focus to get you started:
* Social networking
* Media consumption, management, editing, or sharing, e.g., photos
* Productivity and collaboration such as email, IM, calendar, etc.
* News and information
* Rethinking of traditional user interfaces
* Use of mash-up functionality
* Use of location-based services
* Humanitarian benefits
* Applications in service of global economic development
* Whatever you’re excited about!
Ready To Take The Challenge?