This post has already been read 36 times!
Almost 3 years ago, the revolutionary Raspberry Pi microcomputer was released to the general public. Since then it has whipped up a fanatical teaching frenzy and passion for computer science and technology; both in schools and in homes.
Despite its monumental success the Raspberry Pi now appears dated – the processor at its heart is a 700MHz monolith that just can not keep up with the educational applications the Pi needs to run.
The Raspberry Pi Foundation have seized the New Year opportunity to update everyone’s favorite credit card PC and on 2nd of February, the Foundation has released the brand new Raspberry Pi 2. tT has a 900MHZ Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU and 1GB of LPDDR2 SDRAM.
Check out the official release here: RaspberryPi
The Raspberry Pi 2 will be available from all the usual Raspberry Pi outlets, such as Element 14, RS, The Pi Hut, etc. Here is the best deal I have seen so far: ThePiHut
- Raspberry Pi 2 in depth with biicode (biicode.com)
- Install OpenCV and Python on your Raspberry Pi 2 and B+ (pyimagesearch.com)
- Competition: Win a Raspberry Pi 2 case (linuxuser.co.uk)
- Raspberry Pi 2 – Model B (sparkfun.com)
- Raspberry Pi 2: Even More Delicious! (pyfound.blogspot.com)
- Raspberry Pi 2 PC Review (trustedreviews.com)
- After hitting Raspberry Pi 2, Windows 10 will head to Qualcomm’s board (pcworld.com)
- Raspberry Pi 2: The new smart little PC (listfree.org)
- NetBSD Now Supports The Raspberry Pi 2 (phoronix.com)