Fans of the retro games behold – The Sinclair ZX Spectrum Vega+. Sir Clive Sinclair and Retro Computers Ltd announce the launch of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum Vega+ handheld console.
It is very simple to operate the ZX Spectrum Vega+, just switch on and start to play. Play it on either on the built-in colour LCD or plug in a suitable cable and connect it to your TV (PAL or NTSC).
The 1,000 licensed games are easily accessed through a menu based system and load immediately and automatically, taking you directly into the game play mode. When you wish to play another game, simply press the reset button and this takes you back to the main menu. Nothing could be simpler. Just like the old days of gaming.
There still isn’t an exact price for it, but it’s still expected to be around £100 on Indiegogo.
- Classic gaming D-Pad, offering up, down, left right and diagonals.
- Four primary action buttons and three secondary buttons.
- System menu and control-set toggle button.
- Volume up/down / Brightness up/down.
- Sharp LCD 4:3 aspect ratio with approximately 0.2565 mm dot pitch. Accurately reproduces the ZX Spectrum 256×192 resolution with minimal screen border.
- LCD Screen brightness adjustable. Suitable for all light levels, and to extend battery life.
- Extended “ULAplus” colour palette support, in addition to the classic ZX Spectrum colour palette.
- Specification yet to be finalised, due to the variations of physical size and capacity available, however battery life is expected to be in excess of 6 hrs of continuous use.
- Charging is achieved through a micro-USB socket.
- SDSC and SDHC micro SD cards are supported.
- Additional games may be loaded from micro SD card – popular snapshot and tape file formats supported.
- SD card also allows preferences and game-saves to be stored for later resumption.
- Firmware upgradable through SD card.
- Unobtrusive pop-up control panel during game play through which to access all Vega features.
- Novel and easy-to-use virtual keyboard.
- Save and resume game (stored on SD card).
- Games may be tagged as favourites and recalled through a favourites menu.
- Player controls completely reconfigurable.
- Game pokes can be stored on SD card.
- Switchable Kempston and Cursor joystick emulation.
- Default Machine selection (48K and 128K models).
- Access to programming mode (BASIC).
- 3.5mm stereo headphone socket for private listening.
- Supports connection of external keyboard (specification to follow).
- Headphone socket doubles as an A/V connection, allowing stereo audio and composite video connection to a TV. Supports PAL and NTSC formats.