This post has already been read 19 times!
The Leica release:
“The highlight of the Leica M9-P ‘Edition Hermès’ is the ‘Veau Swift’ calfskin leather in ‘ocre’ supplied by Hermès for the leathering of the silver-chromed version of the Leica M9-P camera. This extremely fine and supple leather is applied not only to the camera body, but is also used for the shoulder strap included in the set.”
Glove soft calfskin covering is a nice touch, but we have seen cameras covered in all sorts of materials even wood. And, the Ilott Vintage wood paneled Argus C-3 costs nearly $2000.
The Leica M9-P “Edition Hermès– Série Limitée Jean-Louis Dumas” sets:
- A Leica MP-9, Veau Swift covered body.
- A Leica Summicron-M 28 mm f/ 2 ASPH.
- A Leica Noctilux-M 50 mm f/0.95 ASPH.
- A Leica APO-Summicron-M 90 mm f/ 2 ASPH.
- A hand-finished Hermès camera bag.
- A book of photos by Jean-Louis Dumas.
The set is a “strictly limited edition of only 100 sets,” strictly limited as opposed to merely limited, or the more down market limited.
+ via The New $50,000 Limited Edition Hermès Leica M9-P by Steve Meltzer