Built for the 21st century, Pebble touts beautiful downloadable watch-faces, internet-connected apps and the ability to connect to Android and iPhone smartphones to keep you up to date with everything that’s going on in your digital life.
Powered by an ARM Cortex-M3 processor and equipped with a low power e-paper display, Pebble is the latest must have gadget for technology enthusiasts.
- View notifications from email, SMS, Caller ID, calendar and your favorite apps on your wrist.
- Download watch faces and apps to suit your style and interests.
- Control music playing on iTunes, Spotify, Pandora and more.
- Rechargeable battery lasts 5-7 days on a single charge
- Compatible with both Apple and Android devices
|Operating System||Pebble OS, customized FreeRTOS. Can communicate with Android and iOS apps using Bluetooth. Pebble OS is closed source.|
|Power||7 days (assuming ~20-30 notifications a day, and a per-minute updating watchface.)|
|CPU||STM32F205RE Cortex M3 CPU, up to 80Mhz|
|Memory||RAM between 64kb and 128KB|
|Storage||8 app/watch faces (1024KB Flash Memory)|
|Display||144 í— 168 pixel LCD (1.26 inch) e-paper display, LED backlight, Optical hard coating for scratch resistance|
3-axis accelerometer with gesture detection
magnetometer and ambient light sensor
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 2.1 (default), 4.0 (capable, not enabled) + EDR|
e-compass capable (with future software updates)
Ambient light sensor
|Dimensions||50.33 mm (1.981 in) H|
32 mm (1.3 in) W
8.44 mm (0.332 in) D
|Case||52mm L í— 36mm W í— 11.5mm T|
|Battery||Lithium-ion polymer battery lasts 5-7 days between charges. USB charging cable with magnetic connector included.|
|Material||Polycarbonate case, TPU rubber or silicone watchband|
|Apps||Works with all Pebble apps|
|Weight||1.34 oz (38g) / 47g with default watchband attached|
|Watchbands||TPU rubber or silicone watchband|
More details head to Discover Pebble
- Pebble teases several CES surprises (trustedreviews.com)
- Pebble smartwatch to get its own app store in early 2014 (mobot.net)
- Pebble announces new smartwatch, app store as wearables competition mounts (techhive.com)
- How Do You Make The Best Smartwatch Even Better? Here’s How (besttechie.com)
- Time for a New Pebble Smartwatch? (iphonelife.com)
- CES 2014: Pebble SmartWatch revised (machinesthatgobing.com)
- With Its New Steel Smartwatch, Pebble Gets Classy (highonscienceandtechnology.wordpress.com)
- Pebble SmartWatch Available for $120 on Amazon and Best Buy (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Pebble Smartwatch Now On Sale For $120 At Amazon, Best Buy (thedroidguy.com)
- How To Change The Strap On Pebble Smartwatch [VIDEO] (valuewalk.com)