This post has already been read 30 times!
Additional preliminary Volt information from Chevrolet:
- The battery pack will have a 10-year, 150,000-mile warranty.
- Customers who have a 240-volt electric outlet available will be able to charge a depleted Volt battery in three hours. With 120 volts, it’s six to eight hours.
- The cost to charge the Volt will be about 80 cents per day based on the national average energy price.
- In a year’s time, the Volt will use more electricity than an electric clothes dryer but less than a refrigerator or water heater, at a cost roughly one-sixth that of the gasoline consumed by a comparable car.
- The drivetrain comprises a 150-horsepower electric motor and a 16 kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery pack. The motor produces 273 pounds-feet of torque. The generator’s gas engine is a four-cylinder.
- The cargo space measures 10.6 cubic feet – quite small for a hatchback.
- An application for Apple, BlackBerry and Motorola smartphones will allow owners to schedule off-peak charging remotely through the OnStar system, choosing times when electrical rates are lower. It will also allow the owner to preheat or cool the cabin using line rather than battery or engine power.
Vehicle type: 5-door, front-wheel-drive sedan
Category: Extended-Range Electric Vehicle (E-REV)
E-REV competitors: N/A
Chassis: Independent McPherson struts front, compound crank twist axle rear, four-wheel disc brakes, full regenerative brakes to maximize energy capture, electric power-assist steering
Seating capacity: 4 seats
Top speed : 100mph
EV range, city: 40 miles(based on EPA city cycle)
Wheelbase (in / mm): 105.7 / 2685
Length (in / mm): 177 / 4404
Width (in / mm): 70.8 / 1798
Height (in / mm): 56.3 / 1430
Cargo volume (cu ft / L): 10.6 / 301
Electric drive unit
Power (kW / hp): 111 / 150
Torque (lb-ft / Nm): 273 / 370
Tire and wheel size: Specially developed low rolling-resistance tires on 17-inch forged aluminum wheels
Source: Chevy Volt priced at $41,000 | Chevrolet-Volt
- Chevrolet Volt Plant Prepares for Production Boost, Exports (prweb.com)
- Chevrolet Volt Electric Car Arrives at Atlanta Chevy Dealership, Jim Ellis (prweb.com)
- Battery-powered Chevrolet Volt arrives in Canada (ctv.ca)
- Naijaworld!! General Motors’ Chevrolet Volt designed by Nigerian (prgoretti.wordpress.com)
- Road Test: 2012 Chevrolet Volt (nationalpost.com)
- Some Quality Time with the New Chevy Volt (bergstromauto.typepad.com)
- Luxury Volt: GM confirms it will build electric Cadillac (thestar.com)
- GM Partners With LG To Have Electric Vehicles More Readily Available (psfk.com)
- UK: Chevrolet Volt will cost £28k (inautonews.com)